Making Tiny Cakes With My Sibs: Part 2

 Making Tiny Cakes again

I think this was a sort of spur of the moment things. This was the day of or after Tabby's birthday. Why I waited so long to post this, I don't know.  This time, it was just Tabby, Tim, and I because Micah was at camp. We got the same cake mixes and everything. Like last time, we made our own buttercream. 


We made a lot of flavors. I made chocolate, Tabby made vanilla with heath bars, and Tim made lemon and banana cakes.
Because of the sheer amount of mess that we made last time. I proposed that we made a scrap plate of cake scraps. That way, if you want a snack in the future, you can have a bit. I also wanted to make cake pops with the scraps.

Cake scraps


My cake


1st color for ombre

Almost finished ombre


Finished ombre

Purple color for the flowers
I recycled the rest of my blue buttercream to make the purple flower color.

Reusing blue buttercream


Chocolate ombre cake

For my cake, I used varying amounts of cocoa powder to tint my cake in gradients. It turned out cute. I also added pecans and chocolate ganache. It tasted so good. 

Tim's cake


1st layer after crumb coat

My brother 



   














His finished cake
Sadly, I didn't get many pictures of the process of him making his cake. He made a banana/strawberry cake with clouds on the outside. I really like the clouds. Instead of piping the clouds, he just plopped it on. It was kinda messy, but really cute. 






Tabby's cake


Tabby singing
Tabby's crumb coat

Tabby decorating her cake

"When you feel my heartbeat, baby..."


Tabby's finished cake
Because she is now a nurse, she made a nurse-themed cake with a stethoscope and heartbeat symbol. It was really cute, especially with the plaid inside of it(above).
top left: Tabby's cake, top left: a lemon cake, bottom left: my chocolate ombre cake, bottom right: coconut cake(I added chocolate chips later) 



I hope you enjoyed the montage of the last time we made cakes. Tune in for more posts in September.


Comments

  1. These are so cute! What a fun idea. The plaid cake interior is super creative too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts