Making Notepads

 DIY Notepads

I was very busy in June, so that's why I wasn't able to post. I was also too tired to take pictures of the projects I did. I painted some shoes and sold them to my sister Tabby about 2 weeks ago. I also made a cat zipper pouch yesterday. I am in love with it. I plan on making more sewing projects because I got a new sewing machine for my birthday. It works really well. I have to give it a rest today because I sewed non-stop yesterday. 

Tabby's Shoes
Kitty Cat Pencil Pouch


How to Make Notepads

Making notepads is a great way to cure boredom and you can use these as gifts. They are bound to turn out really nice with whatever you put on them. They are easy to customize and fun to make.

Materials




  • Cutter or scissors
  • Thin Cardboard(from the backs of notebooks or tablets
  • Mod Podge or white glue
  • Various pieces of paper that has designs on them.
  • Printer paper(8.5x11)

Process

I gathered cute prints of paper and various papers. I had a birthday card with cute flowers, a calligraphy sheet, and random pieces from an old dictionary.

From left: Birthday card, calligraphy print, old dictionary sheets



  1. First, fold a piece of printer paper into 4 pieces to designate where each notepad starts and ends. If you want to make them bigger, just fold it less.


2. I took the calligraphy sheet and tore it into various pieces to make shards of words. Just make sure you don't use such big pieces that you can't fit writing on the notepad. 


3. I used water to wet the edges and to fade out the desgin to make it blend better into the white paper and for a design element, especially with the calligraphy print.




4. I positioned each scrap of paper on the corners of each rectangle avaliable and stuck them on with a glue stick. I scanned the page into the computer for easy access for later notepads if I wanted to make the same design. You can just make a bunch of copies instead of scanning it in, you'll just have to keep the original.


5. I printed out different versions of each print after I scanned it into the computer. I printed 20 pages of the whole sheet so that I could make 4 20 sheet pads. 


6. I cut the cardboard into the sizes of each sheet of paper.


7. I used the rubber bands to keep each stack together while I glued the top together. Make sure you put 5-6 coats of mod podge to ensure that the paper stays together well. I also added paper clips to keep the cardboard stuck to the paper. 



8. After they dried, I used washi tape to decorate the tops. The washi tape might not be that functional, but it's cute.

All in all, I loved this diy. I was so excited to try it! I will use them for little lists and notes to send or give to people. I can also use this method for larger notepads for stationary or pen paling. 

Comments

Popular Posts