Making Tiny Cakes With My Sibs

Tiny Cakes

A couple of weeks ago, our parents went to Iowa for a cross country meet and me and my siblings were left at home for a weekend. I'm not sure what led us to make cakes, but we planned it. We were originally going to make them on Friday, but we were too tired to do anything about it. So, while me and my third sister were at work, my brother and my second sister made the cakes and the icing. 


Cakes are ready
Sugar-free icing

They used box cake mixes because it was easier than making it up from scratch. They also added chocolate chips to the chocolate cakes. 
For fillings, I made white and dark chocolate ganache from chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate, respectively.
I also used some leftover toffee that was in tiny shards. It made my cake so delicious.  

Right to left(White chocolate ganache, dark chcolate ganache(sf))

Slideshow of what happened.

My leveled cakes all ready for filling
Tabby's cake with the last layer of icing

First layer with chocolate ganache(below)

I mixed white and dark chocolate ganache to make it runnier

Second layer of cake with buttercream(I added toffee bits later)

Last layer 

Decorating it

My finished cake

Fun photos with my sibs!

Having fun!!!!

Tim's face tho'

Micah leveling her cakes

Tim leveling his cake

Micah's crumb coat

Tim's Cake

Tim trying to crumb coat his cake

Last layer of icing

Making a waterfall

Tim's finished cake


Tabby's checkerboard cake:




Tabby's finished cake


Mikey's finished cake

Another one of Micah's cakes

A cake Tabby made for Leah


I hope you enjoyed this slideshow.
Also, because Feedburner(Google) is being terminated, I will now be sending the link to each new post by email. Thanks for viewing! Have a great day!




Comments

Popular Posts