Whoopie Pie Cake Pops

 Cake Pop Truffles?

Recently, my brother made whoopie pies. The only terrible thing about it was that they tasted a bit on the weird side. For some reason, he strayed from his usual recipe and tried another online. There was nothing drastically wrong with them, but he wouldn't eat them. There was a peanut butter filling that he tried to make, but that didn't turn out well. Since I'm all about that "don't waste food especially if it's gluten-free", I started eating them with peanut butter instead of icing. To be honest, I did like them. But since my recent experiences with chocolate and dipping, I decided to make cake pops. 

Whoopie Pie Cookie

Crumbled Whoopie Pie Cookie with binder

Because the texture of the whoopie pies were similar to a dense cake, it was easy to crumble them up. We had some chocolate icing from some cake so I decided to use that to stick the crumbs together. I mixed cream cheese, icing, and peanut butter with half of the crumbled whoopie pies. 

Almost done!


It made a lot more truffles than I thought. They kinda remind me of Oreos, but odd. When I make them again, I will use just cream cheese so they won't be so sugar-laden. The cream cheese might make them better. The sad thing about this post is that I ate them all before I remembered to take pictures of them finished. Comment about your favorite cooking/baking shows! 


Resources:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts