Asian Culture: Potstickers!!!!

 Making Vegetable Potstickers

Introduction

Ever since I was introduced to Perfume, I have explored the Asian cultures through Historical Asian dramas and food. A couple of weeks ago I embarked on a journey of making potstickers. Because we didn’t have Sweet Rice flour, which was required,  I had to order some Mochiko flour from Amazon. Because we had friends coming over we decided to feed them Chinese food. My sister Tabitha made rice, and Micah made Black Pepper chicken and cabbage. 



Process

I read the recipe almost 10 times, making sure I didn’t miss anything. I made them without meat because I didn’t want to have mom pick up meat from the store. I wasn't able to take any pictures of me folding the dumplings because I was trying to finish them quickly. I had started cooking too late, so I needed to finish. eThe hardest thing about making them was cooking them. By the time I actually got to cooking them, I was so hungry and I barely could wait. My favorite part of making it was pleating them; except when the dough got a little dry and hard to handle. In order for it not to dry it, you had to keep them in a bag under a warm damp towel. 

Before cooking
I was surprised at how many dumplings it made. There were at least 25.  
While cooking


After Cooking

Comments

Popular Posts