What I've Been Doing All This Time

Introduction

Ever since Covid showed his ugly head, I've been really creative for some reason. I guess that's really good. Honestly, I've been enjoying this year, unlike most people.

Anime

I'm not a fan of anime because of it's inappropriate content, even though some don't fall into that category.(Honestly, I'd rather watch cooking shows) Over the years, I've tried to draw the particular art style and haven't had much success until this year. For some reason, I'm kinda proud of it. I was shocked by how easy it was. I simply looked up a tutorial and it was pretty straightforward. It was so straightforward that I could teach my brother! Though I know being able to draw anime might not help me in life, it was a nice experience to learn it. 

John Tracy in "normal" form and anime form
A-Chan in anime form(Baby Cruising Love)
A-Chan in anime form(Baby Cruising Love)

Typing and Handwriting 

So, a little while ago, I realized that my handwriting and typing skills weren't the best. I tried to improve my handwriting at one time, but I didn't have the patience for practicing every day and waiting for results. With typing, I realized that since I was typing a few letters with the wrong fingering and that I never learned how to type numbers without looking at the keyboard, I decided to go on Typing.com to improve. I signed up for Nitrotype and began the road to recovery. Since I type more often than I write, my typing got much better. Through research and typing videos, I realized that to change or improve, you have to change your muscle memory by slowing down, which takes a long time(not unless you have patience).  So, I've just resolved to start journaling so that I can improve my handwriting because it is an important part of my life. 

Sewing 

When I was 7, my sister and I made doll clothes for our barbies. I don't remember who taught me how to sew, but I sure enjoyed it. We didn't use sewing machines because one, we didn't have one and two, we didn't know how to use one. When Micah stopped playing with me when she was 12 or so, my desire to sew also dwindled. But before the fatal decline, It was sparked up again for a year because my mom got me a handheld sewing machine, so that was cool.
Now years later, I finally started back. A couple of months ago, my mom bought me a small sewing machine. After it sat in the dust for a while, I learned how to use it. Now, I can make scrunchies, roll-up pencil cases, and headbands. Occasionally, I will make a doll dress inspired by Perfume for my American Girl Doll that I got 4 years ago. I made a cute backpack for her too. I also enjoyed watching thrift flips. Thrift flips are when somebody buys an ugly outfit from a thrift store and changes it; most of the time it involves sewing, so that's really cool. I think the best thing about sewing is that you can make gifts for people. 

Scrunchies(left) headbands(right)

Pencil cases for art and stuff





Reading and Praying

Besides reading the Bible, I have made it a goal to read at least 35 books this year, I am halfway done(which is a coincidence because half of the year is passed). I haven't' been paying attention to the authors, just the content of the book. Most of the books I've already read were pretty good. Also, I and a couple of other friends have started a book club where we read "Flee the night". I wrote a book summary for it.I'm also trying to make it a habit to pray more often. 

Running

As a normal human being. I used to hate running. I would start for a week and then stop because I got bored. As of the end of May and early June, I started liking running. I had originally been doing just the cardio and dance exercises on YouTube, but they didn't fulfill my needs. I like challenging myself and feeling like I put all I could out there. Normally, I run about 20 minutes or 2 miles. I found out recently that I can run/walk 2 miles in almost 20 minutes! I thought that was cool. 
We have a really nice trail-type thing that wraps around a city near us. When running, to keep myself occupied, I like to look at nature, pray, and recite scripture. I also like greeting people when I cross their paths. I especially like it when they say something back. 

Writing

Since I and some of my friends have been writing a book, I've been more active with writing. I like writing, but I can never get to it because most of the time, it's on the computer, so I get very distracted. I'm excited about my books. I mostly finish short stories because I'm not good at ending a story(probably because I keep making them too long). Here are a few links to two of my short stories on Writing.com

Comments

  1. I loved "Key to My Heart." And I'm so happy that you're running and memorizing scripture. Please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts