Bullet Journaling Part 2: Properties

Introduction 


In the other bullet journal post, I introduced you to the craft. Even though this is my first year, I am very pleased with how it is coming out to be. Designing the journal pages just helps me spill out all of my creative juices and experiment; which is all I've been doing this year. It helps me learn how I should do something, and how not to do it. I'll learn from my mistakes, and so will you!

Properties of a Bullet Journal

Front Page of each month 

For each new month, I have a front page that introduces you to the next weekly goals and stuff. For Jan-April, I didn't do these, I just went straight into the weekly plans and goals. Of course, you can choose which way you are going to do it. That's one of the great things about bullet journaling. Because I thought I would slack too much to prepare the monthly plans pages, I do 3 months ahead so that I don't forget. The bad thing about that is that you might change your mind about what you wanted for it. These are some of my favorites.








Goals 

There are many ways you can express your goals for the month. For June, I included a first page specifically for goals and outlooks. The goals I tried to express for my months were like a project I started, but haven't gotten to finish in the last month. It makes me finish quicker when I have a due date. In June I added, "What I want to happen", which is like a list of hopes like "I get my drivers' permit" or "my friend gets saved". They aren't really goals, but hopes. 



Weekly Plans

 Because I thought doing daily plans would be too time-consuming for me, so I did weekly plans instead. Since I haven't done September yet, I plan to do daily goals. So, for the styles, I chose between two. One is a block method and one was one without blocks. I liked the block method because you can have florals climbing up the edges of the partitions. 

Block Method
Without blocks


Extras

These are the other parts of the monthly journal that I changed to suit my needs. 

Thoughts

Normally, these are random thoughts that were running through my head at the time that I was looking through my bullet journal. It is basically a brain dump.

Prayers 

This is a minimized prayer list that I include. I try to remember to pray for the people and things that I put on this list. Most of the time, I just people that I've been praying for on this part also.

Verses

I put verses that I've been memorizing or verses that stand out to me. Other times, I put verses that I like.

Scripture Pictures

These are either verses I've already memorized so that I can color them over the month. It's a great practice for hand-lettering. 

Ideas for the Future

I had been thinking about some stuff I can add in the next year or the near future. They are going to help me be more active with my bullet journaling. 



Comments

  1. This is very insightful! I really like the block method for weekly plans!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts