Organization Ideas

Organizing is fun!

Introduction

One of my many hobbies is organizing. Planning is one of my favorite activities even though the actions may not turn out as well as I thought it would be. I once heard somebody say "People who organize are just too lazy to look for things." I love knowing what I am supposed to do next. I like crossing tasks off of a list and knowing I did something right; It's very satisfying. 

Clothes

Like many people, I own a lot of clothes(Yo tengo muchas ropa). Some days, you just don't feel like folding your clothes in your drawer of figuring out the code you established 2 days ago. In other words, sometimes they are very junky. Every now and then, I pour out all of my clothes and refold them. The ones I don't wear or like, I donate. Recently, I found out that if you pre-make outfits for each day of the week(or just had pre-made outfits on hand), then it makes your clothes search more efficient. If you do, you won't have to waste time separating clothes or wondering what you are going to wear for the day. Also, they won't get junky as fast. Another perk is that you will always know what you have. Oftentimes, I roll up a T-shirt and basketball shorts or exercise tights together for a quick exercise outfit.
(Top Left): Cat t-shirt and blue jeans (Bottom): Jeans and pink shirt rolled (Middle Right): White t-shirt and grey basketball shorts

Pill Organizer

Every Christmas, my grandmother puts random gifts and stuff in a holiday bag and gives it to us as a gift. Her staples consist of hand sanitizer, fingernail polish, and socks. Occasionally, you'll find some really really good stuff. Last Christmas, I found a pill organizer. At that time I had started trying to take my vitamins consistently, so that was an answer to an unspoken prayer. At first, I thought of using it as watercolor paint storage, but I had to change my plans. Some ideas you could use for a pill organizer are beads, spices for travel and paint.
Pill organizer

Bags for Organization

Lately, my mom has been cleaning out some of our old stuff(actions initiated by watching Hoarders) that was in our storage room. She had me put some of my old papers and art in ziplock bags. Those actions sparked an idea. Since then, I decided to use bags to organize papers. It really helps to keep things separate and organized.
From Left: Miscellaneous, Calligraphy Recycling, "Urgent"

Meal Planning 

Some weeks ago, my mom and I started meal planning for breakfasts. We would stir-fry veggies one day and then keep them in the fridge for quick meals. You can always add some of the stir-fried veggies to anything for a quick healthy meal. You can use any veggie for it, but these are my favorite recipes for it.

Zucchini and Mushroom Stirfry

  • 6 small zucchini
  • 2 jars or one 8oz container of Mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil or butter(or whatever you saute with)
Slice up the zucchini in a food processor or a french fry chopper(or by hand) and sauté them with the mushrooms and olive oil. Feel free to do it in two batches. Add the spices in after they are almost done cooking. Cook until soft.

Spinach, Bell Pepper and Onion Stirfry


  • 2 boxes (10oz) of frozen spinach, drained
  • 1/2 of an onion
  • One bell pepper
  • 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
Thaw frozen spinach and slice up the onion and bell pepper in a food processor or by hand and saute the onion and bell pepper until browned. Add drained spinach and cook until done. Add the spices in after they are almost done cooking. Feel free to do it in two batches.

  • Another thing you can do that helps is to keep rice around. It freezes very well, so you can put two together and you will have veggie fried rice.

Conclusion

These lifestyle changes have helped me a lot with my daily routine.  They help me so that I don't have to think too much about simple things. That way, I can focus on the more important things in life.


Comments

Popular Posts