Bullet Journaling

Bullet Journaling is an art

Bullet journaling in my eyes is a mix of art and planning, both of which I love. It is the art of making a personal journal that is suited to your needs and events. This year I decided to try it for myself. After watching a multitudinous amount of bullet journaling videos, I bought a sketchbook from Ross's and set out. Thankfully, I had already owned all of the materials for the craft and so I started it once the new year started. I sketched out the planning of it all the way to April and lined and colored it. 
A few months ago, I watched this video where this guy Nathaniel Drew(you should watch him, he’s really cool) was learning Italian. One of the things that he did to help himself was to change his computer language to Italian, to force himself to understand. I took that idea and began writing the months of the year in Spanish and French.
I had planned on doing quarters for my journal but I accidentally made three sections of it instead of four, so I have January, February, March, April; May, June, July, August; and September, October, November, December; maybe next year I’ll divide it up correctly.
In most of the journals I had seen, they had these pages in them that were some type of list type trackers like the reading books page and some others. Some of them that I used were:
4. A key for the marks that I make on my lists
  1. Books to read 
  2. Songs to learn
  3. A picture of myself in the new year
  4. A key for the marks that I make on my lists 
  5.  Yearly and Weekly goals
There were also some themes that they made up for each month, so mine for the next section of my journal(May, June, July, August) will be Cakes for May, Cats for June, Hair supplies(combs, brushes, blow dryer, etc.) for July and Crochet for August.
A few good bullet journaling tutorials are on these YouTube channels:



Songs to learn
(left) Yearly Goals, (right) Books to read 
I had added a verse from the Bible at the end of each month 
5. Weekly Goals















Comments

Popular Posts