My Reputation on Khan Academy

My Rep on KA

Have you ever heard of Khan Academy? Khan Academy is a learning site made by Salmon Khan, a mathematician and teacher. The site was made for mostly math but was expanded to writing, science and art history. We started on February 10, 2016, and I was 10. KA wasn’t used for our full curriculum of math, but we used it along with Saxon math, all of us. I was started on The World of Math, which I don’t think I finished. (Maybe I should.)  We were told, 15-30 minutes a day, working on math. Then, suddenly, after working on it for about 5 months in early July, we just quit, never finished (at least I didnt’t.).
I don’t know what happened, but after not being on for about a year and a half, I got back on. I searched and began computer programming again.

I finished the easy parts of the math and kept learning computer programming until I got a friend. One of my projects for computer programming was to make a blog of at least 3 posts. But no, I was going to post at least every day, to increase my popularity, because that was my first priority.

I was slowing gaining popularity by answering questions in the Community Questions and Help Requests that people were asking. I could answer most, but I was mostly helping first-time learners and younger people. My first conversation was with this guy, he asked the Million Dollar question, “What is the meaning of life?” So, since I am a Christian, I said, “In the Bible, it says that we were made to glorify God.” Then he started talking about how "the meaning of life is 42". I hated that. Then, well, we just kept talking and I began disliking him(Hate is a strong word). It was so frustrating.

And with that, I was still worried about my image on KA and kept changing my name; Captain Kathryn Janeway, then Tuvok and then I settled on Gordon Tracy--a guy from the show Thunderbirds which I loved, the show, not the guy.

After that experience, I was still determined to find myself a friend I could talk to. I didn’t have a shortage of friends, it was just I wanted more popularity in my life. KA wasn’t going to give it to me. With myself, once I meet somebody that I love to talk to and am interested in being their friend, I say something so stupid and feel like I’ve ruined everything. So I guess that’s a problem. Along with that, I still posted blog posts and kept going with programming, which I now love.

Comments

  1. You’re very brave. Being honest about our motives takes a great deal of courage and humility. I’m very impressed. However, be brilliant because YOU appreciate knowledge, wisdom, and creativity. When you are simply yourself the Lord will send you a true friend. Wait on Him but be all right with how He has made you. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts