Wedding Attendance (or the lack thereof)

Greetings and Salutations, 

I am Gordon Tracy's older sister, Scotia Tracy. I was named after Nova Scotia. I don't like my real name, so everyone calls me Scott. 
So, I'm the oldest in our family, and Gordon is the fourth-oldest. I think Gordon is pretty cool. 
I really don't have a specific topic to cover in this post. Oh yeah, I forgot, I do. It's relatively important: "Wedding Attendance (or the lack thereof)."
I love weddings. I have been invited to three weddings this year. Do you know how many of the three weddings I have made it to? None of them! 
It's not that I have not tried to make it to these weddings. I have! I fully intended to make it to my dear friend's wedding in the Spring. However, track season is in the spring, too. My team had a meet scheduled about two weeks before the wedding, but some bad weather caused the meet to be canceled. Thankfully, my coach found another meet, but it was the same day as my friend's wedding. I did not make it to my friend's wedding, but I did run well at the meet. So, there was some solace in the situation. At least she was married. That's really all that matters. 
The next wedding I missed was in May. I finished up my finals on the first Saturday in May. My friend's wedding was the week after. I went home to be with my family, so when the weekend of the wedding rolled around, I was too tired to drive 4.5 hours to the wedding (even though I did want to go). I was still recovering from the spring semester.  She got married, though. The main goal of the day was accomplished. 
The third wedding was missed because of my crazy GPS. I fully intended to go to my dear friend and classmate's wedding. I had my dress on, gas in my tank, and my Spotify playlist ready. The wedding was only about 40 minutes from where I was staying. The wedding was scheduled for 3:00pm on a Sunday. I got into the car at about 1:45pm so that I could make it to the wedding early and get a good seat.  40 minutes later, I was NOT at the venue for the wedding, so I rerouted my directions. 10 minutes later, I was in the middle of a highway. I was confused when I heard the robot lady say "you have arrived at your destination." I basically drove around in circles for about 30 minutes before I finally gave up. I was burning up gas, and the wedding was probably over. I'm pretty sure I cried some on the way back home. I was pretty devastated because by then, I was 0-3 on wedding attendance (Did I mention that I love weddings?). 
So, another one of my friends is getting married in a few weeks. I would like to go to the wedding...but I'm 98% positive that I will not be there.

Comments

Popular Posts